Goldman Gruder & Woods, LLC practices regularly in the Connecticut state and federal courts, including the housing and bankruptcy courts
|Representing Clients in:
Our Litigation/Appellate Lawyers:
Each of five (5) senior litigation attorneys, Matthew Woods, Howard Wolfe, Neil Lippman, Stephen Wright, and Angelo Maragos has over 20 years’ experience in handling a variety of litigation matters. We place particular emphasis on the following types of matters:
- Real Estate Litigation: including foreclosure, eviction, and breach of contract.
- Business Litigation: including disputes among partners or members of a corporation, partnership or LLC, business dissolutions, disputes between businesses and customer/vendors, and breach of contract.
- Employment Matters: for both employers and employees. Representative matters include covenants not to compete or solicit, confidentiality agreements, wrongful discharge, employment contract negotiation and litigation, and severance negotiations.
- Family Law: including dissolution of marriage actions, division of property, support/alimony, post divorce hearings, modifications
- Land Disputes: Representative cases include nuisance, easements, rights of way, property damage, adverse possession, trespass, and partition.
- Estate Litigation: including hearings and disputes involving will contests, undue influence claims, removal of trustees, and appointment of conservators.
- Zoning and Land Use: The firm represents developers and homeowners inapplications and litigation concerning Planning and Zoning Commissions, ZBA applications, wetlands/conservation commission matters and subdivisions. Attorney Woods, who is Chair of the firm’s Litigation Department, is Trial Counsel for the City of Milford and represents the City in zoning litigation.
- Title Litigation: This firm has considerable experience making and defending claims under title insurance policies. These matters include boundary line disputes, restrictive covenants, mechanics’ liens, and disputes regarding the priority of liens and other encumbrances. Representative clients include four national title insurance companies, mortgage lenders, contractors, developers and homeowners.
- Property Tax Appeals: As Trial Counsel for the City of Milford, Attorney Woods handles all of the City’s property tax appeals and represents property owners in other municipalities in connection with their appeals. Attorney Lippman also handles property tax appeals for property owners.
- Local Counsel Representation: Attorneys Woods, Lippman, and Wolfe have served as Connecticut counsel on numerous occasions to out-of-state counsel in a variety of substantial state and federal court litigation. Outside counsel find our firm very effective in assisting their litigation and adding value to the total legal team without interfering with the general counsel’s and out of state counsel’s roles or unreasonably increasing the client’s legal expenses.
- Appellate Cases: including representing appellants and appellees before the Connecticut Appellate Court and Supreme Court. Matthew Woods has prevailed in seminal cases relating to tax appeals, zoning appeals, quantum meruit, lis pendens, mortgages, banking, deed reformation, foreclosure, and procedure. Click here for a list of published cases.
- Municipal Liability: including claims against teachers or other employees of a municipality for negligence and defective highways and roadways.
- Personal Injury Law: including automobile and other accidents, slip and fall, medical malpractice and product liability.
- Health Care: including reimbursement and recoupment and regulartory compliance.