The Default Solutions practice at Goldman Gruder & Woods, LLC gives clients customized advice designed to enhance value. Our approach deliberately treats properties and situations as being specific and unique, and we eschew the ultra-high volume factory model that places quantity over quality.
Our Default Solutions practice involves the following sub-areas:
|Representing Clients in:
Our Default Solutions Lawyers:
- Foreclosures: representing lenders and their assignees in all of Connecticut’s state courts, to obtain title to properties mortgaged to secure defaulted debts.
- Evictions: representing property owners and foreclosing parties in Connecticut’s housing courts in order to obtain possession of their property on a timely basis.
- Bankruptcy Representation: representing secured creditors who seek relief from stay in order to pursue their state-law remedies in Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 proceedings, and representation of creditors of all kinds in Chapter 11 bankruptcies.
- REO Sales: representing lenders and their assignees in the sale of properties that they have acquired, including resolving title and building/zoning department issues.
- Early Intervention: representing lenders and their assignees in workouts, short sales, deed-in-lieu transactions, and forbearance agreements.
- Due Diligence: representing parties interested in purchasing pools of mortgages in conducting due diligence, analyzing put-back provisions and estimating timelines for portfolio performance.
Virtually all of the work undertaken in our Default Solutions practice is handled by experienced attorneys, and while we make use of efficient paralegals when appropriate, we restrict the use of paralegals in a way that ensures that all material decisions and advice are rendered by the attorneys whom you hire.